Harvest Video 2010

I made a very amateur video of our first day of harvest, 2010. We picked Pommard 05 Pinot Noir grapes for Schramsberg Vineyards in Calistoga (bubbly!). There's no soundtrack to this video -- just the pure, unadulterated sound of tractor. haha. I thought that cutting this up and adding music would make it a better quality video, but it would also dilute the experience of harvest. Tractors idling, people talking and shouting, and grapes dropping into bins is what the day is all about, so enjoy!


A note on the picking crew: they are all employed by Ardzrooni Vineyard Management, which we basically use twice a year: pruning and harvest. They live here in the valley and are permanent residents, which is great because we see many of the same faces over and over again each and every year and get to know them. They also use a lot of women on the crews, which I'm always happy to see.


Throughout the video you'll see family members (myself, my mother and father and my husband, Joe, took all this footage). When we say we're involved, we really mean it.


Comments

Popular Posts