Welcome to Twitter


Today I joined Twitter. I said I wasn't going to do it, damn it! I don't have much time for Facebook updates and blog posts, let alone tweeting. The last thing I needed was to be on twitter via my cell all day long. ...

Well, I broke down. I was curious. I didn't have any customers... whatever. I joined. I know my age group, in general, loves this kind of stuff. And yes, it's pretty cool, I'll give you that, but it's exhausting! Between the winery 4 days a week and the Winegrowers Association the other three (plus a significant amount of overlap in each direction) I don't do days off. And I don't particularly have a "normal" desk job where I sit for 8 hours a day. So, I find it difficult to be good and disciplined about social networking. I guess that's why everything has a mobile app - my blackberry is one device that's stuck to me 24-7.

I think I'm going to try and teach my dog to twitter for me. Well, not the lab, but maybe Tet the border collie will get the hang of it. ... Here's to hoping.

Comments

Popular Posts