It seems like everyone feels a need to reflect upon the past year when we finally hit a new one. I understand why - it makes us feel like we've accomplished something, we can take pause and reflect upon the important events (good and bad), and we can take some lessons from all the things we F&^%ed up in the past 12 months. :)
Instead of rehashing our crazy past year, which has been amazing and surreal, I'm going to give y'all some insight into what we have going on in the next one. It's my new tradition. I have no New Year's resolutions for 2009, only the fond hope that I make it through this coming year unscathed and with my sanity.
1) Opening our tasting room (after suitably stocking it with supplies, moving our office, etc., etc.)
2) Throwing a huge opening party to coincide with the AV Pinot Fest, which Kristy is in charge of (both of them, actually)
3) Kristy and Joe planning a wedding and getting married on-site
4) Releasing our 2007 Pinots and 2008 Sauvignon Blanc, plus our 2007 late-harvest
5) Anxiously awaiting scores, reviews and awards, per usual
6) Pouring at the World of Pinot, possibly the SF Chronicle tasting, the AV Pinot Fest, and several more throughout the summer and fall
7) Canceling all our weekend plans so we can pour wine for visitors (yes, we're mostly excited about this one)
8) Installing landscaping all around the tasting room and winery
9) Trying to figure out how we deal with drunk crowds during the beer fest and fair (both of which are literally across the street from us)
10) Bill and Nancy going to Australia, Kristy and Joe honeymooning in New Zealand
11) All of us working day jobs
The list could go on and on. Either way, Happy 2009. Come visit us when you have a chance.